Loading some great jobs for you...
A Beacon Hill client has an opening for senior system administrator. These teams work around the clock to support applications used by a wide variety of sales channels processing thousands of transactions per hour, thereby generating nearly half of all sales revenue for a fortune 100 company! As a technical expert on the team responsible for some of our most critical systems, the ideal candidate must be detail oriented, possess strong business acumen, have strong communication skills and be driven to succeed.
As an integral part of an operations team committed to resolving production support issues and continuously improving our area, the senior system administrator's responsibilities include:
* Collaborate with other team members located in various locations, inside and outside the
United States, to support the daily operations of a 24x7 work environment.
* Support and maintain production and non-production servers, both physical and virtual.
* Update DFDs, access policies, and application catalog documentation.
* Maintain various system health monitoring and reporting tools.
* Write and maintain scripts for system maintenance and administration.
* Create reports, dashboards, and processes to monitor and analyze availability and performance metrics.
* Work with architects, technologists, and others for future system enhancements and scalability.
*Actively participate in decisions to develop and improve security-based standards and practices.
* Perform system backups and DR tasks on a predefined schedule.
* Leverage Cl/CD tools and DevOps principles.
* Perform advanced troubleshooting techniques in a high pressure environment.
* Provide after-hours support on an \"as needed\" or \"on call\" basis.
* Serve as a technical SME for other internal and external groups.
* Document systems and procedures.
*Train others in the use of tools, functions, and techniques.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* Very strong communication skills with the ability to capture and articulate technical and non - technical details.
* Experience with Chef and Puppet building automation from the ground up. Utilization of Splunk for Monitoring
* 1-3 years in an eCommerce environment selling service based solutions, 5+ years in a system Administrator or equivalent position in a large IT organization
* Working knowledge of virtual technologies such as VDI and hypervisors.
* Experience writing advanced scripts and batch files, working experience and certifications in Windows, UNIX, and UNIX-Like Server Administration. Network experience and certifications are a plus.
* Strong understanding of Waterfall, Scrum, and Kanban development models.
* Experience working in a DevOps environment, leveraging continuous delivery techniques.
* Skilled in identifying design and implementation details within bloated
documentation/communication to understand expected behavior.
* A strong, team oriented spirit and a positive, exuberant personality focused on learning and overcoming obstacles.
Find Us on Facebook!
Follow Us on Twitter!
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Beacon Hill Technologies, a premier National Information Technology Staffing Group, provides world class technology talent across all industries on a contract, direct (permanent), contract-to-direct and project basis. Beacon Hill Technologies' dedicated team of recruiting and staffing experts consistently delivers quality IT professionals to solve our customers' technical and business needs.
Beacon Hill Technologies covers a broad spectrum of IT positions, including Project Management and Business Analysis, Programming/Development, Database, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Production/Support and ERP roles.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Pharma and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future
Loading some great jobs for you...