Digital Plant Automation Shift Engineer (Fitchburg)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
The Shift Engineer is an entry-level Automation/IT position within Bristol-Myers Squibb at Devens, MA. The role will serve as an individual contributor participating in initiatives that support 24/7 Biologics manufacturing operations. As such, this Shift Engineer will be assigned to either first or second shift. Individual will be expected to cover some weekend shifts as required by business needs. Hours and shift schedule are subject to change as dictated by work force plans. The position will expose the candidate to a wide range of business critical computerized system used at the Biologics campus.MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support 24/7 manufacturing operations that includes need based shift coverage and weekend coverage
- Participate in Run the Business initiatives such as change implementation, investigations, corrective actions, and manufacturing support
- Implement system modifications by following appropriate standard operating procedures
- Troubleshoot and remediate system configuration/infrastructure issues.
- Collaborate in investigations of proprietary automation software/hardware problems with vendors
- Communicate proactively with supervisor and colleagues, highlighting issues and proposing solutions
- Follow applicable standard operating procedures while working in validated systems
- Be the site point of contact for IT/Automation planned/ unplanned outages and coordinate outage executions
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and technical experience
- 0 - 2 years working experience with control systems or manufacturing systems Preferred Emerson DeltaV, Emerson Syncade, OSISoft PI, or Rockwell Logix
- Theoretical and applied knowledge of computerized systems and Systems Development Life Cycle
- Working knowledge in computerized systems (Preferred Emerson DeltaV, Emerson Syncade, OSISoft PI, or Rockwell Logix)
- Understanding of expectations working in regulated industries such as Biotech, Pharmaceutical, Medical Device or Food-Beverage is a plus
- Must demonstrate an ability to learn, understand and apply software solutions
- Must demonstrate an ability to troubleshoot complex problems on highly automated equipment
- Must be able to successfully work independently and within teams
- Must be able to work in a fast paced multi-tasking environment
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Associated topics: analog, architecture, board, cad, circuit, digital, engineer iv, hardware engineer, plc, vlsi
Loading some great jobs for you...