Manufacturing Engineer (Fitchburg)
Compensation: $101,640.00 - $147,870.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.Position: Manufacturing Engineer
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. Driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide engineering support of automated manufacturing production equipment for both upstream and downstream processes. Equipment to be supported are included but not limited to bioreactors, depth filters, centrifugation, column chromatography and ultrafiltration/diafiltration (UFDF) systems. Responsible for support of clean in place (CIP), steam in place (SIP) and process operations for several unit operations. Work cross functionally to support the Manufacturing, Quality, Automation and Validation teams through execution of change control and ownership of CAPA and safety action plans. Support maintenance activities including review of preventative maintenance (PM), engineering drawing updates, and out of tolerance investigations for calibration of critical equipment. Lead small capital projects, and support large capital projects, as assigned including user requirement definition, installation, commissioning, and validation activities (IQ, OQ, PQ) ensuring equipment meets functional and user requirements. Ensure adherence to site/company engineering specifications.Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Knowledge generally attained through studies resulting in a B.S. in engineering (Chemical or Mechanical preferred), a related discipline or equivalent.
- 2-5 years of experience working in a cGMP manufacturing setting (or equivalent technical environment) including support of manufacturing equipment.
- The individual should have the ability to execute smaller, but complex technical projects. The individual must have demonstrated effectiveness working in both a team environment as well as an individual contributor role.
- Ability to work extended hours or a modified work schedule is required for coverage of 24/7 manufacturing operations. The position is Monday through Friday, first shift, but requires on call availability.
- Typical daily activities are office based. Engineers are also required to work within the manufacturing facility where industrial manufacturing setting hazards are present, and PPE is required.
- May work on assignments which are technical and complex in nature, and where a high degree of initiative is required. Problem resolution and recommendation development is done independently with some oversight from supervisor.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Associated topics: business, cost efficient, industrial engineer, manufacturing engineer, methods engineer, project, sap, supply, supply chain
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...