* Delivers nursing care to meet the health, physical, emotional, and educational needs of a patient undergoing all diagnostic or interventional procedure. Plans and provides individualized comfort measures utilizing intuitive and innovative approaches which are evidenced based.
* Assesses patient condition and status by interviewing patient, performing physical examination, and continuously monitoring.
* Assists patients and families to understand alternatives to care and facilitates communication of information to all members of the health team. Educates the patient and family in preparation for admission and procedure and provides discharge instructions. Provides patient and family with accurate information regarding health problems while enabling them to become active participants in health care decisions.
* Demonstrates competency for all interventional procedures and assists the interventional physician during all aspects of the procedure, recording the procedure, operating all equipment, maintaining a sterile environment, and completing all related clerical functions.
* Reviews medical history and records addressing any potential problems prior to patient arriving for interventional procedure. Confers with treatment team regarding special needs of patient and family upon discharge.
* Follows up on internal resources to determine the outcome of interventions completed by other departments. Mobilizes resources in complex cases to maximize patient's control and participation over recovery.
* Provides information and interpretation of the patient's condition and offers coping mechanisms. Assesses how much information a patient wants and needs that enables the patient to comprehend given information.
* Develops an individualized teaching plan and incorporates aspects of cultural diversity specific to the patient as required.
* Ensures handoff communication includes a report in terms of the situations most likely to develop and the problems awaiting resolution in the next eight to ten hours.
* Integrates assessment and diagnostic information with intuition to foresee potential age-specific healthcare needs. Documents clinical changes, interventions, and outcomes.
* Participates in various aspects of unit based chart review and patient services performance improvement activities related to documentation.
* Administers medications.
* Proactively identifies issues to be resolved related to patient education for medication management.
* Advocates to LIP or other health members on behalf of patient while using clear and convincing rationale to lead the response or treatment needed to meet the patients needs.
* Supports and maintains accurate EMR documentation and data collection/entry that is in compliance with all organizational and state requirements.
* Associate's degree in nursing or graduate from accrediting school of nursing.
* BSN and specialty certification preferred.
* Two years critical care experience and one year interventional radiology experience.
* Cardiac catherization training required with one year experience preferred.
* Knowledge and skill to support the interventional setting with regards to sterile technique, circulating, infection control, conscious sedation, management of high risk medications, drug titration and IABP set-up and management.
* Conscious sedation, balloon pump set up and management, sterile technique, radiation safety, and aseptic and sterile practice.
* NJ RN License.
* High demand for after hours call coverage.
* Frequent physical demands include: Push/Pull , Twisting , Bending , Reaching forward , Reaching overhead , Squat/kneel/crawl , Wrist position deviation , Pinching/fine motor activities , Keyboard use/repetitive motion
* Occasional physical demands include: Sitting , Climbing (e.g., stairs or ladders) , Taste or Smell
* Continuous physical demands include: Standing , Walking , Carry objects , Talk or Hear
* Lifting Floor to Waist 25 lbs. Lifting Waist Level and Above 25 lbs.
Associated topics: care unit, intensive, intensive care unit, maternal, nurse, nurse rn, psychiatric, registed, registered nurse, surgery
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...