**Cobham** is seeking a **Model Shop Machinist**. Candidate must proficient in operating manual Mills, manual Lathes and CNC equipment to produce complex aerospace hardware. Perform the required activities within the confines of the systems and procedures and the certified operator system. This position is located in Orchard Park, NY.
## Key Responsibilities:
* Set up and operate CNC and manual machining centers and tooling.
* Proficient in common machining including turning, drilling, boring, facing, reaming, tapping, threading, knurling, slotting, burnishing, chamfering and deburring.
* Inspect machined parts to drawing requirements and obtains first article approval when required.
* Perform MasterCAM programming and posting for short run development hardware.
* Provide input to internal design teams to help evaluate parts for manufacturability.
* Perform preventative maintenance such as inspecting/replacing fluid levels and addressing issues that could lead to damage or performance issues with the machine tools.
* Willingness to multitask and operate multiple machines.
## Minimum Requirements:
* Associates Degreeor Machinist Journeymans certification.
* 2year CNC Programming experience and computer-aided machining.
* 4 years of experience with manual lathe and milling operations.
* Ability to utilize solid models to develop tool paths using MasterCAM.
* Experience in a low volume, high precision prototype environment.
* Fluent in CNC milling and turning operations and tooling setup.
* Experience with GD&T and blueprint reading.
* Experience with part inspection and measurement of tight tolerance features.
* Machining experience with a wide variety of material (aluminum, CRES, monel, inconel, etc).
* Experience with Haas and Prototrak turning and machining centers.
* Experience with 3D modeling software, preferable Solidworks.
* This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
## Preferred Qualifications:
* Associates Degree in Machining or Mechanical Technology.
* Strong communication skills.
**Cobham's** values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And its the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
**Cobham** is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
**_Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants._**
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visitwww.cobham.com/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page atwww.linkedin.com/company/cobham
## Job Category
*Job Category:* Technicians & Operators
*Primary Location:* US-New York-Orchard Park
*Organization:* Cobham Mission Systems Orchard Park
*Job Posting:* 06-Sep-2019, 2:54:41 PM
*Recruiter:* Michael Bodner
*Req ID:* 296256
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...