Assistant Sales Manager
Cobham is seeking an Assistant Sales Manager that will ensure accurate and appropriate preparation and submission of bids and contract proposals that often are very complex. They will compile technical, financial and other project data using database programs for inclusion in reports or presentation materials. They will support the Sales Manager and Value stream and provide guidance to the Business Administrator. This position is located in Orchard Park, NY.
- Ensures accurate and appropriate preparation and submission of complex bid/contract proposals
- RFQ Review and maintaining records
- Coordinates bids, contracts, and negotiations, including the management of risk profiles including assumptions, exceptions, compliance
- Program Cost/Labor for both Non Recurring development activities and recurring (per unit) pricing and bid support
- Compiles technical, financial and other project data using database programs for inclusion in reports or presentation materials
- Understanding of business case and economic conditions affecting proposals
- Bid Approval Form preparation for presentation to management team
- Leads internal bid and contract review process that often includes interface with and approval from senior management
- Contract negotiation (price, terms & conditions)
- Manages internal financial metrics that includes backlog and forecasts for bookings and sales revenue planning
- Interfaces with production personnel to plan shipment of backlog revenue; resolves PO updates with customer
- Ensures bids, contracts, and shipments are in accordance with ITAR / Export Compliance
- Interfaces with Program Management and supports Life Cycle Management (LCM) procedures
- Supply chain cost management and analysis
- Compiles data into SIOP (Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning) Executive Report; capable of presenting to Senior Management as required
- Participates in yearly budget preparation, monitors and reports actual performance against the budget
- Responsible for ensuring that Environmental, Health, and Safety are included as part of everyday activities
- Completed Bachelor's degree in an Engineering, Technology or Business field
- Minimum of four years of experience in an Aerospace, Defense, or engineered product manufacturing environment
- Minimum of two years' experience with managing proposals
- Minimum of two years' experience administering contracts with a minimum value of $250K for engineered products and/or services
- Minimum of two years of contracts negotiating experience
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Advanced business degree preferred and can substitute for 1 year of experience
- Experience with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Knowledge of the Truth in Negotiation Act (TINA)
- Self-starter with excellent attention to detail, communication, leadership and organizational skills
- Financial analysis and forecasting experience
- Team Management and leadership
- Presentation Experience
- CRM (Customer Relationship Management system) Experience
- Key Performance Indicators (KPI) Driven
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at ********************** or follow us on our LinkedIn page at *******************************
To be considered you must apply by going to **********************
Sales & BD
US-New York-Orchard Park
Cobham Mission Systems Orchard Park
03-Sep-2019, 1:00:16 PM
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...