Cobham is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to lead the development of tooling utilized in the manufacture of new and existing products.The candidate will ensure that the safety of people and property is provided for in all manner while; completing tasks associated with developing and delivering a wide range of manufacturing tooling and equipment used in the realization of Cobham products. This position is located in Orchard Park, NY
- Facilitate the design, development, and delivery of tooling, gauging, fixturing and test equipment for operations use.
- Complete Tooling, Fixturing and Machine design analysis (design factors) to ensure in the safety of people, property, and investment.
- Insure Tooling, Fixturing, and Test Equipment is designed to the relevant standards to support Cobham Assembly and Test requirements.
- Insure proper Fabrication, Assembly and Validation of Tooling, Fixturing, and Test Equipment.
- Insure proper Tooling Development Systems are employed.
- Insure Tooling Control Systems are established and maintained.
- Participate in relevant Process, Safety and Ergonomic reviews.
- Schedule and coordinate Tool Group workload to ensure timeliness of group deliverables.
- Lead the development and revision of Tool Group Work Instruction documents.
- Provide Training in Tool Designer Standard Work.
- Support Design / Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) as part of tooling development.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement activities as coordinated by Lead Manufacturing Engineers.
- Support new program WBS development to identify and quantify tooling group resource requirements.
- Assist Development Manufacturing Engineering to support development tooling needs.
- Provide guidance and feedback to design teams as it relates to manufacturing lessons learned.
- Completed Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering, or Industrial Technology.
- Minimum of 5 years of manufacturing engineering experience (may be combined with direct product manufacturing experience).
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with Developing, Integrating, and Improving product manufacturing tooling and equipment.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in development and integration of automation technologies.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Hands on Experience with development and use of Tooling, Fixturing, Assembly and Test Equipment.
- Hands on Experience with assembly and testing of Mechanical, Electrical, Pneumatic assemblies and systems.
- Experience in materials fabrication (metals / plastics) equipment and methods.
- Experience in the formal evaluation of new designs for manufacturability (DFMA).
- Experience in the process of Product Development and Qualification.
- Leadership Skills in; Communication, Performance Management, Continuous Improvement, Root Cause Problem Solving, Project planning and execution.
- Lean Manufacturing / Continuous Improvement certification.
- Computer Skills:, ERP, MS Word , MS Excel, MS Outlook.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit **********************
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at *******************************
US-New York-Orchard Park
Cobham Mission Systems Orchard Park
15-Aug-2019, 8:57:25 AM
14-Sep-2019, 5:59:00 PM
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.