Horseheads, New York, United States
Accounting & Finance
Aug 19, 2019Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
Duration:Contract to hire
Job Title:Accountant II
Work Hours:Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
Pay Rate:Based on experience
Day to Day Responsibilities:Responsible for reporting/reconciliations for a portion of the company
* Assist in the financial period closing process. Responsible for the preparation of the various accrual entries including but not limited to insurance, taxes, audit fees, interest, etc.
* Compile, analyze and document business transactions and financial information to prepare entries to the General Ledger accounts.
* Responsible for the reconciliation of various General Ledger accounts to ensure accuracy and compliance with the established rules and principles of general accounting.
* Responsible for the preparation of the monthly departmental expense statements.
* Works with Purchasing and/or receiving to resolve PO vs. invoice/receipt discrepancies. This involves monitoring of the Logged Invoice and the Received Not Invoiced reports to ensure problems are corrected before they age.
* Maintain monthly financial metrics via the Client Web Portal.
* Participates in internal and external audits. Take corrective actions based on audit findings.
* Assists in the annual budgeting process.
* Assists with financial forecasts as requested by group finance.
* Assists with special projects as assigned.
* Promotes a safe work culture and ensures that personnel are adhering to the general safety rules and are trained in accordance to company policy.
Required Skills and Experience
* Bachelor's Degree required in Accounting or similar field
* 5+ years related accounting and finance experience
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
* Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and databases.
* No third party resumes will be accepted
* Drug testing and/or other employment-related inquiries may be conducted
* All individuals MUST be able to work on a W2 Tax basis (no C2C or third party vendors)!
* Candidates must currently reside in USA or Canada
* CTG is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. CTG is an E-Verify Company
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply directly through our website by clicking the link below or email your Word version resume and salary expectations ...@ctg.com
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
* Job Function: Business Analysis
* Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (?16 years)
* Work Remote: No
* Travel: No
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...