Horseheads, New York, United States
Manufacturing & Warehouse
Jul 16, 2019Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
Duration: 6+ months
Job Title:Shop Assistant
Work Hours:Second shift, M-F 3:00pm-11:30pm
Pay Rate: Based on experience
Day to Day Responsibilities: Performs materials handling processes involving raw materials, tools and manufacturing waste materials within the Machine Shop to increase the efficiency of the CNC Machinists and Machine Operators.
* Loads and unloads materials, parts or products to or from pallets, carts, skids, conveyors or delivery vehicles
* Reads both drawings and shop orders to determine what must be staged to complete orders
* Issues tools, raw materials and equipment to workers and maintains records of equipment issued and returned. Determines status of tools for future shop orders. (Damaged, dull, etc.)
* Locates lost or misplaced tools, equipment or remaining materials.
* Prepares periodic inventory or maintains perpetual inventory of tools and equipment.
* Pre-kits tools, gauges and materials for specific upcoming jobs on production machines.
* Documents information relating to receipt, storage, scrap or distribution of materials.
* Delivers material, products and supplies to designated work areas, designated storage, or receiving areas and suppliers using forklift, hand truck or other device.
* Occasionally, deburrs machined parts with use of files, grinding wheels, die grinders, or other tools.
* Enters information into Microsoft databases including Microsoft Excel.
* Manages 5s activities, as directed, at work centers.
* May be assigned to train, orientate or be trained to work with a new responsibilities or equipment.
* Maintains a clean and safe work environment, wear required PPE and adhere to all safety guidelines and procedures provided by the company.
* Lifts/packs parts, chips, containers, or bar stock into or onto mechanical equipment for machine processes such as part washing, tumbling, polishing, cutting, grinding, and centrifugal spinning as well as reclaiming scrap.
* Occasionally, runs designated machinery.
Required Skills and Experience
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
* Solid math and measurement skills
* Prior machine shop or industrial experience and/or training is a plus
* 2+ years solid work and performance history in a factory environment is required.
* No third party resumes will be accepted
* Drug testing and/or other employment-related inquiries may be conducted
* All individuals MUST be able to work on a W2 Tax basis (no C2C or third party vendors)!
* Candidates must currently reside in USA or Canada
* CTG is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. CTG is an E-Verify Company
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply directly through our website by clicking the link below or email your Word version resume and salary expectations ...@ctg.com
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
* Job Function: Machine & Equipment Operations
* Education Level: High School Diploma/GED (11 years)
* Work Remote: No
* Travel: No
Associated topics: automated, cnc fabricating, cnc machine, cnc machining, computer aided design, computer aided manufacturing, computerized numerical control, machine operator, precision machining, smt machine
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...