Dentons has over 9,000 lawyers in 173 locations serving 77 countries. The firm is uniquely positioned to leverage our global platform and deliver sophisticated and innovative legal services to our clients.
Dentons is a truly polycentric international law firm that embraces the diversity of its geography, cultures, and legal practices. The firm has no headquarters, no dominant national culture, and offers clients talent from diverse backgrounds and countries with deep experience in Civil Law, English Common Law, and US Common Law.
Dentons' US Corporate lawyers and professionals are strategic advisors and market leaders in their field. No matter the industry, scope of need or business goals, robust legal representation is vital to corporate success. Whether the need is innovative financing solutions, safeguarding fundamental interests or developing structures that meet operational, legal and tax requirements, Dentons' US Corporate practice delivers unparalleled counsel and service.
Learn more about the Dentons Corporate practice group.
The Dallas office of Dentons US LLP is seeking an associate with excellent academic credentials and 3-5 years of experience to join our thriving Corporate Practice. The person hired for this position will work directly with partners and other team members and will contribute to the practice by assuming such responsibilities as:
- Contributing to the coordination and execution of successful corporate transactions including capital market transactions and mergers & acquisitions
- Preparing and reviewing securities law filings
- Representing buyers and sellers in stock purchases, asset purchases, mergers and joint ventures
- Conducting diligence reviews and coordinating deal closings
- Supporting the practice by performing general research and writing
This is a great opportunity to work with dedicated lawyers who are passionate about their work, all while enjoying the benefits of an international law firm.
- Has excellent written communication skills and an ability to produce written work product that is concise and effective
- Possesses strong analytical skills and thinks strategically
- Is conscientious with a proven attention to detail
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to clearly communicate advice to clients and others
- Understands of the importance client service
- Embraces teamwork and works effectively with others who have different styles
- Is ambitions, exhibits leadership and motivates others
- Has a sincere interest in career development and welcomes feedback
- 3-5 years of law firm experience is required
- REIT experience is a plus
- Securities experience is a plus
- Should be licensed or eligible to practice law in the State of Texas and be in good standing
- Please include a resume and law school transcript with application
Associated topics: analyse, analyst, business analyst, business analytic, business systems analyst, investment analyst, investment analytics, investment banking, monitor, regulation