Associate Medical Director of Pathology needed in Boston for Blood Bank
Teaching affiliate of Harvard Medical School is seeking an Associate Medical Director for their Blood Bank and Transfusion Medicine Service.
This unit supports a broad range of clinical services, with particular emphasis on oncology, obstetrics, and cardiovascular surgery.
Candidate will play an important leadership role in directing comprehensive apheresis programs including therapeutic apheresis, stem cell collection, and immune-cell therapy programs.
- Teaching and mentoring of Transfusion Medicine residents and fellows
- Includes a faculty appointment in the Department of Pathology of Harvard Medical School
- Substantial opportunities for clinical and translational research.
- Commitment to teaching, scholarship, and clinical or translational research
- Must be board eligible/certified in Blood Banking/Transfusion Medicine
- 32 weeks on service, 4 weeks vacation, academics is comprised of the rest of the time
- Duties include running a clinical lab, outpatient facility and attending meetings
- On call required is approximately once per month
- Competitive salary and benefits with stipends
Located in Boston. Cultural diversity, historical landmarks, shopping, Fenway Park and lots more. Convenient and accessible to public transportation and Logan airport. Excellent school systems both public and private. Visa candidates welcome to apply.
Associated topics: ascp, hematopathology, mls, sample collection, sterile processing technician, surgical technologist, technician i, technician ii, technician iv, technologist