E*TRADE is looking for a Senior Java Developer to join the Enterprise Reference Data group. He/she is expected to be a versatile Java Developer with good data experience. The candidate will be joining the team in the development stages of multiple exciting projects in the Trading and Order routing space.
- Develops system software code using commonly known best practices. Willing to adhere to E*TRADE standards and policies regarding software development.
- Prepares, executes, and documents automated development tests and evaluations.
- Prepares and maintains documentation in accordance with the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) phases.
- Makes recommendations for revisions and refinements in programs to account for changes in functional system requirements and equipment configurations.
- Provides consistent, concise, relevant, reliable, and timely information to all appropriate internal and external stakeholders through a variety of communication channels
- Identifies, analyzes, designs, develops, and maintains cost-effective information technology solutions that align with business initiatives and corporate strategies.
- Prepares and leads implementation of systems/applications into test and production environments.
- Revises and refines programs to account for changes in functional system requirements and equipment configurations.
- Designs, codes, debugs, and maintains complex to difficult computer programs.
- Communicates moderate to complex technical concepts to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Advanced experience as a backend Java Developer (Core Java/Spring/J2EE) within a financial, enterprise level environment.
- Advanced experience/knowledge in backend technologies such as Core Java, Spring framework, REST, Hibernate, etc.
- Advanced experience/knowledge in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) concepts.
- Experience with C/C++, Python and Perl programming (desired).
- Experience writing SQL queries (union, join, merge, pivot, etc.).
- Working knowledge of middleware such as Kafka, ActiveMQ, TibRV, Solace, etc.
- Experience with Java build tools i.e. Maven/Gradle.
- Experience with GIT.
- Effective/demonstrated ability to prioritize, plan, and organize tasks.
- Effective/demonstrated interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Effective research, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective skills in resolving conflicting requests and meeting changing requirements.
- Works independently with moderate to little guidance from higher level staff or management.
- Able to work in an Agile environment and deliver on short timelines.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit to learn more about the opportunities.
Who we Are
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
Associated topics: algorithm, backend, back end, c#, java, matlab, perl, software developer, software programmer, sw