GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking highly skilled and motivated technicians to become part of our state of the art 300mm factory in Malta, New York. These technicians will work as part of the Fab 8 Facilities Clean Room Technology with primary focuses including\\: Production Tool Mini Environment qualification testing, Clean Room Air-Borne Contamination Monitoring and Control, and Clean Room Protocol program duties.
* Perform production tool mini environment qualification testing per standard protocol; monitor results of testing performed and report findings to appropriate parties
* Develop working knowledge and competence with all items affecting tool qualification activities including\\: mini environment testing standards, particulate count limits, air flow parameters, electro-static discharge, ionization system maintenance and others as required\\: proficient in use of OPC s, anemometers, Electrostatic Field Meters, Charge Plates, and Differential Pressure Meters
* Engage with manufacturing and facilities to monitor and respond to airborne molecular contamination (AMC) and particle excursions
* Perform regular auditing activities in conjunction with GLOBALFOUNDRIES Clean Room Protocol standards; assist in the development of audit criteria based upon experiences
* Generate the necessary reporting on audit findings to appropriate parties
* Collaborate with internal partners to further their knowledge of Cleanroom Micro-Contamination parameters while driving cooperation for the programs and creating buy-in amongst all team members through influential communication
* Provide training as needed for Cleanroom Protocol standards within a live classroom setting
* Complete project assignments associated with Cleanroom Protocol and Micro-Contamination standards as required and assigned
* Perform Electrostatic Discharge audits in identified Electrostatic Protected Areas and other areas as needed
* The above is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities. Other duties will need to be performed as assigned by management.
* Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
* Education and experience requirements include any one of the options listed below. (Relevant experience is defined as facilities, maintenance, or operational technician experience working with high purity hazardous gas and chemicals) * 2 Year Technical Associates Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, Semi-Conductor operations or a related discipline
* Equivalent military training / experience with a minimum of 2 years relevant facilities experience, OR
* High school diploma with a minimum of 2 years relevant facilities experience
* Fluent in English Language written & verbal
* Physical Capacity Demands - * Ability to perform work in a standing position for majority of a 12 hour shift (excluding breaks)
* Ability to lift, pull, and/or carry a minimum of 50 pounds on a periodic basis throughout the shift
* Ability to perform activities that include climbing vertical ladders, bending at waist, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, and crawling
* Ability to work in a cleanroom environment per semi-conductor protocol/requirements
* 3+ years prior experience in a semiconductor manufacturing environment
* Air flow balance experience
* Air Borne Particle and Molecular Contamination instrumentation experience.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to work effectively and communicate with all levels of the organization
* Experience and fluency with Microsoft Office software applications
* Demonstrated strong analytical skills
* Self-motivated and results-oriented
* Strong attention to detail
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address. An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory. All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law. Associated topics: emr, environment, fault, gauge, hazard, health, risk, safety, usda, wastewater treatment plant
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.