Assistant Distribution Center Manager - Inbound or Outbound
Customer Service/Call Center
27 E Palmer Ave
Check out similar listings!
Loading some great jobs for you...
We're seeking strong Assistant Distribution Center Managers to oversee 20+ associates in our Inbound and Outbound operations. As a key member of our leadership team, you will coach and develop your associates to provide Gold Standard performance regarding receiving, inventory, put-away, customer service, the perfect order, ontime delivery and various KPIs. Our associates work Monday through Friday and have their weekends off. We have the 6 am Inbound and 2 pm Outbound opportunities available.
* Bachelor's degree is a plus but not required. * Inbound/receiving, inventory and/or outbound, shipping, pick/pack experience. * Inventory experience is a plus. * Prior experience leading a team of 15+ associates in a fast paced warehouse/distribution environment. * Experience with warehouse equipment and training (ie, forklift, cherry picker, reach truck, etc). * SAP or similar ERP experience/knowledge preferred. * 5s, lean methodology, Six Sigma experience is a plus. * Must have excellent written and oral presentation. * Solid proven history of making strides in employee engagement.
Perks of joining HD Supply include:
* Comprehensive benefits plan on first day (Medical, Dental, Vision). * Generous Paid Time Off benefits. * Advancement Opportunity with Fortune 500 company. * Annual Bonus Eligibility
HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) (www.hdsupply.com) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for leading the distribution personnel as a team to ensure all safety, quality, packaging, receipt and shipment standards, and operational goals are attained.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
* Ensures safety, productivity and quality in all distribution operations. * Designs, develops and manages the distribution department budget. * Refurbishes and enhances site infrastructure and equipment to support site efforts in growth and meeting objectives. * Continues efforts to build maintenance performance metrics and train all staff in those measures to optimize performance and return on investment. * Ensures associates have the tools and training necessary to do the job. * Performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
* Experience provides solutions. * Ensures that work is performed consistently with company policies and procedures. * Leads a group or team of support, craft, or lower level professional associates.
* Usually located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort, such as dust, fumes, or odors. * Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward. * Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
* Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 5+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
* Bachelor's degree is a plus but not required. * Prior experience leading a large team of associates in a fast paced warehouse/distribution environment. * Experience with warehouse equipment and training (ie, forklift, cherry picker, reach truck, etc). * SAP or similar ERP experience/knowledge preferred. * 5s, lean methodology, Six Sigma experience. * Must have excellent written and oral presentation. * Solid proven history of making strides in employee engagement.
PRIDPRID108 Associated topics: customer service team manager, director, gerente de servicio, guidance, leadership, monitor, operations, service manager, supervisor, team manager
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.