Location: Murrieta, California
Summary: Responsible for explaining and demonstrating vehicle features and technology to customers at the beginning of the sales process.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
* Greets customer and determines make, type, and quality of vehicle desired
* Educates customer on current product line options and basic product specifications
* Provide product information (brochures) for customers when requested
* Demonstrate vehicle features and technology features to customer
* Educate customer on optional equipment available for purchase
* Answers questions about the vehicle, technology, and features
* Conducts test drives
* Conducts facility tours (service, parts)
* Conduct training classes for current customers on technology
* Provides assistance to customers as needed
* Works closely with salesperson
* Supports sales team as needed
* Maintains CSI at or above Company standards
* Maintains an organized, clean and safe work area
* Participates in required training
* Records all hours worked accurately in company timekeeping system
* Follows Safeguards rules and regulations.
* Demonstrates the Company's Core Values
* Complies with Company policies and procedures
* Observes all Federal, State, Local and Company safety rules and regulations in the performance of duties.
* Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with medical conditions to perform the essential functions.
v High School Diploma
o Associate Degree
o Bachelor Degree
o Master Degree
o Doctorate Degree
Field of Study/Work Experience:
o Human Resources
o Information Technology
Desired Work Experience:
v up to 3 years
o 3-5 years
o 5+ years
Previous sales and/or customer service experience desired. Advanced technology skills.
Certificates and Licenses:
v Valid Driver's License
o Automobile Salesperson License
Basic Computer skills to utilize timekeeping system. Ability to learn web based applications for customer management.
Ability to understand and follow instructions. Ability to communicate effectively with customers and company personnel.
The position requires regular and predictable attendance. Scheduled shifts may include evening hours, weekends, and holidays.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and sit.
Duties are performed throughout the premises, both indoors and outdoors and on customer test drives. Due to the nature of the position, employee may be exposed to various work environments and required to perform a variety of tasks. Heavy standing work. Work includes frequent movement around the company facilities and the outdoor car lot to interact with customers and other departments.
Verbal and Writing Ability:
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following Core Values:
Servant Leaders consciously put the needs of others before their own, because to serve people is to value them.
Teamwork through Trust & Respect
Diversity is strength, and when we trust and respect one another we can work as a team to achieve at a high level.
Being honest and transparent with people, in an effort to do the right thing within the letter and spirit of the law, drives every action we take and every decision we make.
Commitment to Customer Enthusiasm
Every day we recommit ourselves to the customer experience, and we are empowered to exceed the expectations of our customers.
Passion for Winning
Hendrick's tradition of winning is based on the idea of striving to be the best, not the biggest, and is therefore defined by how we treat our people.
Accountability at All Levels
Taking ownership of our actions and our decisions allows us to grow as individuals, and support each other as a team.
Commitment to Continuous Improvement
Every day we soften our hearts as well as our egos, in order to seek out and improve upon areas of opportunity within ourselves and our team.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties and responsibilities to be performed by this employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties and responsibilities upon the request of a supervisor. This job description is subject to revision at the discretion of the company.
Hendrick Automotive Group is an Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For more information regarding the EEOC, please visit