HOME HEALTH NURSE
- Holy Cross Hospital
- $43,480.00 - 55,450.00 / Year *
- 1310 NE 5th Ave
- Fort Lauderdale, FL 33336
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Job Description Details:
* Demonstrates skills and knowledge necessary to assure assessment, treatment, and care is
appropriate to the age of the patients served, as described in scope of service.
* Accurately assesses the patients medical condition and home situation to determine
appropriateness for home care, in accordance with regulations and agency policies.
* Completes a comprehensive assessment in accordance with the data elements listed on the
assessment forms and according to agency policy and procedures.
* Demonstrates an understanding of Outcome Assessment Information Set OASIS and accurately assesses patients based upon the data collection regulatory guidelines. Demonstrates an understanding of how the OASIS assessment affects financial reimbursement.
* During the initial assessment process accurately instructs patients regarding the consent
for care, financial obligations, Patient Bill of Rights, Advance Directives, OASIS and
HIPPA privacy guidelines and information in the patient handbook, as per regulations,
accreditation body and agency policy.
* Assesses the need for additional disciplines and/or support services.
* Conducts ongoing assessments, including OASIS assessments, to determine the patient s
continuing need for treatment and to determine the effectiveness of the Plan of Care.
Education & Qualifications:
* Must have access to a reliable, working vehicle; a current Florida Driver's License; and
current automobile insurance.
* Graduation from an accredited school of professional nursing is required.
* Minimum one year of nursing experience in a hospital setting is required.
* Knowledge of Home Health/Community Health nursing and Medicare reimbursement guidelines is
desirable, but not mandatory.
* Working knowledge of computer is required.
* Good communication skills and organizational skills are required.
* Current CPR certification is required.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Trinity Health is one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation, serving diverse communities that include more than 30 million people across 22 states. Trinity Health includes 94 hospitals, as well as 109 continuing care locations that include PACE programs, senior living facilities, and home care and hospice services. Its continuing care programs provide nearly 2.5 million visits annually.
Based in Livonia, Mich., and with annual operating revenues of $17.6 billion and assets of $24.7 billion, the organization returns $1.1 billion to its communities annually in the form of charity care and other community benefit programs. Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues, including 7,800 employed physicians and clinicians.
Committed to those who are poor and underserved in its communities, Trinity Health is known for its focus on the country's aging population. As a single, unified ministry, the organization is the innovator of Senior Emergency Departments, the largest not-for-profit provider of home health care services - ranked by number of visits - in the nation, as well as the nation's leading provider of PACE (Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly) based on the number of available programs. For more information, visit www.trinity-health.org . You can also follow @TrinityHealthMI on Twitter.