This position functions as team coordinator/intake specialist. Responsible for overseeing the distribution of cases through the team on a rotation basis and assisting with administrative functions for the team. This position will also research and resolve M&T/Bayview verbal and regulatory and non-regulatory written customer correspondence.
- Prescreen and document escalated customer complaint cases appropriately in Service Manager.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, and annual case reporting and audits.
- Participate in developing system/process enhancement plans.
- Evaluate systems and document functional processes.
- Delegate all escalated customer complaint cases to analysts on a rotation.
- Effectively investigate and resolve customer correspondences received directly or through a regulatory agency for M&T and Bayview accounts with accurate information. Research and identify root causes; work with management to identify process gaps and establish procedural changes to mitigate future occurrences.
- Respond to incoming phone calls and other client requests made via phone, e-mail or through letters maintaining brand image.
- Promote and explain our products/services to customer on an ongoing basis in order to maximize opportunities.
- Maintain accurate documentation on departmental database and electronic files.
- Issue timely and accurate documentation and correspondence to clients, and other departments. Prioritize problems as they arise.
- Perform basic ad hoc analyses to support business decisions. Provide feedback to management regarding results.
- Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management. Design, implement, maintain and enhance internal controls to mitigate risk on an ongoing basis.
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Scope of Responsibilities:
The incumbent works under general supervision.
The incumbent has internal contact with numerous departments and externally with customers and service providers.
Education and Experience Required:
A combined 4 years higher education and/or work experience including a minimum of 2 years' customer service experience.
Proficient with personal computers and pertinent software including word processing, spreadsheet and email software.
Strong customer service skills.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Education and Experience Preferred:
Previous experience in banking, default, customer service and/or loss mitigation.
Ability to empathize and defuse sensitive customer situations.
Knowledge of Bank products and services.
Strong problem solving skills and judgment.
Detailed knowledge of all departmental systems/applications.
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Analytical, accurate and detail-oriented while working under pressure.
Demonstrated ability to remain organized in a fast paced environment.Location
Associated topics: call center, client service, customer, customer care, customer order, customer service, guest, phone call, service call, trouble resolution