This position functions as team coordinator/intake specialist. Responsible for overseeing the distribution of cases through the team on a rotation basis and assisting with administrative functions for the team. This position will also research and resolve M&T/Bayview verbal and regulatory and non-regulatory written customer correspondence.Primary Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Prescreen and document escalated customer complaint cases appropriately in Service Manager.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, and annual case reporting and audits.
- Participate in developing system/process enhancement plans.
- Evaluate systems and document functional processes.
- Delegate all escalated customer complaint cases to analysts on a rotation.
- Effectively investigate and resolve customer correspondences received directly or through a regulatory agency for M&T and Bayview accounts with accurate information. Research and identify root causes; work with management to identify process gaps and establish procedural changes to mitigate future occurrences.
- Respond to incoming phone calls and other client requests made via phone, e-mail or through letters maintaining brand image.
- Promote and explain our products/services to customer on an ongoing basis in order to maximize opportunities.
- Maintain accurate documentation on departmental database and electronic files.
- Issue timely and accurate documentation and correspondence to clients, and other departments. Prioritize problems as they arise.
- Perform basic ad hoc analyses to support business decisions. Provide feedback to management regarding results.
- Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management. Design, implement, maintain and enhance internal controls to mitigate risk on an ongoing basis.
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
The incumbent works under general supervision.
The incumbent has internal contact with numerous departments and externally with customers and service providers.Education and Experience Required:
A combined 4 years higher education and/or work experience including a minimum of 2 years' customer service experience.
Proficient with personal computers and pertinent software including word processing, spreadsheet and email software.
Strong customer service skills.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.Education and Experience Preferred:
Previous experience in banking, default, customer service and/or loss mitigation.
Ability to empathize and defuse sensitive customer situations.
Knowledge of Bank products and services.
Strong problem solving skills and judgment.
Detailed knowledge of all departmental systems/applications.
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Analytical, accurate and detail-oriented while working under pressure.
Demonstrated ability to remain organized in a fast paced environment.
Associated topics: answer, call, client, client service, customer, customer care, customer service representative, guest, support specialist, telephone activation specialist