Under the general direction of the Care Management Manager, the LVN Care Manager is responsible for working directly with the Plan, IPA medical groups, providers, hospitals, community agencies, Members/caregivers, and other entities supporting Member care to ensure coordinated, continuous care and serve as a resource person to these facilities. The LVN Care Manager works closely with the RN Care Manager and other members in the care team to support the member in the care management process.
If interested please contact Reijean Wells directly at (213)###-#### or [Click Here to Email Your Resum ]
1. Responsible for serving as a resource for IEHP Members and Providers for care management and care coordination.
2. Responsible for screening Members for appropriate care management needs, documenting findings and communicating the findings to the RN Care Manager.
LVN Care Manager uses approved screening tools which contribute to the assessment (i.e. Health Risk Assessment or other designed tool)
3. Contributing to the development and modification of the Individualized Care Plan (ICP) including:
Reviewing ICP recommendations with RN Care Manager Team Member and other Interdisciplinary Care Team (ICT) members as appropriate
Educating Members according to approved plan and material content
Communicating unexpected results with RN Care Manager Team Member and other ICT members as appropriate.
4. Acts as a Member advocate at all times
5. Serves as a liaison between Members, caregivers and all members of the ICT
6. Assist and facilitate referrals for IEHP Members that are eligible for carve-out programs such as CCS, multi-organ transplant, etc.
7. Assist members with immediate needs with regard to access, referrals and authorizations.
8. Facilitates referrals to resources such as LTSS, Independent Living and Diversity Services , Behavioral Health, and community resources.
9. Responsible for any other duties as required to ensure successful care management processes and Member outcomes.
10. Under the direction of designated supervisor or request from a licensed Team Member (i.e. RN Care Manager), other duties as required to ensure Health Plan operations are successful.
11. Ensure the privacy and security of PHI (Protected Health Information) as outlined in IEHP's policies and procedures relating to HIPAA compliance.
-Three (3) or more years of care management experience in a health care delivery setting. Experience in an HMO or experience in Managed Care setting preferred.
-Minimum 1 year clinical experience in and acute care facility, skilled nursing facility, home health or clinic setting preferred.