Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
Manages all activities of a branch. Responsible for the overall success of the branch operating model, including customer and employee experience, digital engagement, transactions/operations, servicing, and sales. Has personal production responsibility.Primary Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall profitability by directing sales and business development, meeting operational objectives and ensuring the branch achieves its annual goals.
- Leads team through coaching, performance management, and setting priority. Builds and develops branch staff.
- Identifies Retail and Business Banking customer needs through the M&T sales processes, using the tools and resources to assist customers with short and long term solutions.
- Proactively prospects and grows Business Banking relationships through outreach. Builds the bank's presence in the community
- Conducts interviews and selects employees based on staffing model.
- Actively models and coaches customer service and needs determination behaviors. Reinforces and maintains accountability for execution of Retail strategy.
- Ensures operational and requirements are maintained, to include consumer and business banking guidelines. Ensures compliance with operational, security and control policies/procedures, preventing fraud and protecting customer assets.
- Takes ownership of complex account servicing and error resolution issues, including those escalated by other Bankers. Provide coaching and guidance to improve and reduce future problem resolution/escalations.
- Engages with all team members and business partners as appropriate.
- Independently processes all Business Banking loan requests up to $100,000. Proactively bundle products and services as appropriate.
- Adheres to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Promotes an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintains M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Completes other related duties as assigned.
- Exercises usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, performance management and terminations.
This position reports to a Retail Regional Manager and leads the branch team to achieve annual sales and profitability goals, and has a sound working knowledge of the overall operations of the branch.
Branch Managers have the responsibility to establish and maintain federal registration requirements outlined in the SAFE Act.
Branch Managers must stay current on operational, product, and system changes/enhancements, as well as demonstrate good risk management decisions. In addition, Insurance licensing minimum expectations must be maintained as outlined in MTS Licensed Banker Academy document. Business Banking Specialist minimum expectations will be set by both the Branch and Retail Regional Manager.
Branch Managers will typically spend some of their time servicing existing customers, and the majority of the time growing the business through proactive sales and outside calling activities.
Branch Managers are responsible for building productive partnerships with appropriate areas of the bank to ensure customer needs, service issues, and employee issues are resolved timely and accurately. Branch Managers are responsible for taking full ownership of customer issues until they are completely resolved.Supervisory/ Managerial Responsibilities:
Branch Managers generally have direct reporting responsibility for branch staff.Education and Ex
Loading some great jobs for you...