NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 700 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with nearly 30,000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
TITLE: MS Implementation SpecialistLOCATION: California, VirtualGRADE: 9
POSITION SUMMARY & KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
* Position responsible for providing installation, maintenance and repairs on equipment within an assigned territory/region to assure continuity of customer operations and high levels of customer satisfaction
* Fulfilling customer needs according to a project plan and documented requirements after new systems/solutions are implemented
* Successfully complete configuration and/or implementation activities assigned by others, with assistance or oversight from other team members, in a moderately complex environment
* Responsible for working with internal organizations to resolve issues.
* Works as a member of a team to properly configure solution to meet customer needs. This may include installation and configuration of software (Acronis, CA, Solidcore. Etc)
* Work with existing customers on support and technical troubleshooting calls.
* Primary services include software installation, software configuration, troubleshooting, network configuration and testing.
* Provide installation, maintenance and repairs on POS (Point of Sale) and ATM equipment and other electromechanical equipment at various locations within an assigned territory/region
* Provide continuity of customer operations and high levels of customer satisfaction; Manage customer incidents as assigned; Build working relationships with customers and develop informal communication channels with customer account at the local level
* Responsible for ownership of all customer issues/needs that are voiced or observed and acts appropriately; May provide support to Associate Customer Engineer and/or Service; Representative/Service Technician Tech when necessary
* Represent NCR in a manner that reflects positively on the image and reputation of the company
* Respond to a customer call, which will include problem identification, escalation and resolution of operating system software problems; Responsible to keep customer informed during the problem resolution process; Perform service verification and customer satisfaction surveys relating to the situation
* Responsible for network fault management, assists in the performance management on traffic, configuration management, security management, software management, accounting management and remote system management
* Responsible for the prompt completion and accuracy of all administrative functions, including assisting in producing, installing modifications and/or upgrades, updating the customer on activities and updating any needed databases
* May be dispatched daily on a call-by-call basis or may establish his/her own daily schedule on the basis of automated reports; Conducts work at customer site(s), local NCR offices, or in a virtual environment
* May require prolonged travel, carrying and lifting tool kit/parts of varying weights (1- 20 lbs.); May require bending/squatting, walking/standing /sitting for prolonged periods; Exposure to enclosed spaces, dust, drafts, and damp areas
* Responsible for accurate and prompt reporting of calls and activity, as well as other reporting as required; Responsible for tracking and reporting all expenses incurred in the delivery of services, including telephone, private automobile, and/or public transportation
* Responsible for capturing detailed customer asset information and other data required to complete any invoicing or billing activities
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* 1-3 years of related experience
* Personal computer skills (Microsoft Operating Systems- Win XP, Win 7, & Win 10 and Associated Office Suite Components), CA software tools, Solidcore, Acronis), and basic electronic skills;
* Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, overtime, flex shifts and on-call
* Associate's Degree
* 3+ years of related experience
* A+ Certification
* Systems Architecture (e.g., Client/server architecture, Web based systems)
* Database management systems (e.g., SQL interfaces, remote data)
* Network and systems management systems/protocols (e.g., Ethernet, SNA, WAN)
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. NCR does not discriminate in employment based on sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Associated topics: administrative, administrative assistant, administration, assist, assistance, assistant, counsel, office, secretary, support