- Quinnipiac University
- $59,650.00 -93,050.00/year*
231 Todd St
Overview: Quinnipiac University's Office of Undergraduate Admissions seeks applications for an Assistant Director of Admissions/Coordinator of Multicultural Outreach. As part of a very successful Admissions Office, the Assistant Director will participate in all phases of recruitment and admission activities: high school visits, interviews, Saturday Information Sessions, Open House programs and Admitted Student Days. With responsibilities for a particular territory, you will plan and execute high school visits, attendance at college nights, regional and national college fairs, file review, and follow up to families. Other assistance may include event planning/coordination, community organization outreach, writing, and supervision of student workers. About Quinnipiac: Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's \"Best Colleges\" issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review's \"The Best 380 Colleges.\" The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the \"Great Colleges to Work For.\" For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University's commitment to three core values: high-quality academic programs, a student-oriented environment, and a strong sense of community. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities. Responsibilities:
* Extensive Fall and Spring travel to an assigned region or territory (territory is subject to change based on demands of the admissions office)
* Manage and maximize relationships among parents/students; forge relationships with independent and school counselors in respective territory
* Review, evaluate and process applications for special programs
* Follow-up with prospects/applicants/accepted students and their families utilizing a high-touch approach
* Participate, plan, and attend admissions recruitment events, both on and off campus
* Develop and maintain close relationships with campus and community partners
* Assisting with in office coverage for interviews/group information sessions
* Develop pipeline and enrichment programs for high school students to establish early interest in Quinnipiac University
* Coordinate and manage Undergraduate Admissions outreach efforts including fostering relationships with Community Based Organizations, maintaining community partnerships, and establishing new ones
* Collaborating with channels across campus to support events for multicultural students
* Support recruitment efforts to support diversity, equity, and inclusion to encourage academic excellence according to the institution's strategic plan
* Complete special projects and other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree required
* Master's degree preferred
* Experience may substitute for some of the above education
* Strong organization and communication/writing skills
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Good attention to detail
* Ability to work with a diverse group of external constituencies
* Ability to interact positively with other campus offices
* Excellent public speaking skills required
* Ability to quickly learn the programs and services at Quinnipiac University in order to appropriately convey information to prospective students and families
* Adaptability to the ebbs and flows of the admission cycles
* Ability to manage multiple tasks
* Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
Special Instructions to Applicants: Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...