Assistant Director of Campus Life for Fraternity & Sorority Life
: Education - Post Secondary
Loading some great jobs for you...
Overview: Quinnipiac University's Division of Student Affairs seeks applications for an Assistant Director of Campus Life for Fraternity & Sorority Life. In this role, you will support the Office's overall mission of creating vibrant and active campus life by advising the fraternity and sorority community and its related opportunities for student leadership development. You will help set and support the goals, learning outcomes, and strategic plan(s) for Fraternity & Sorority Life, ensuring that all programs and services are aligned with and supportive of the mission and strategic plans of the Division of Student Affairs and the University. The position reports to the Director of Campus Life for Fraternity & Sorority Life. About Quinnipiac: Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's \"Best Colleges\" issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review's \"The Best 380 Colleges.\" The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the \"Great Colleges to Work For.\" For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University's commitment to three core values: high-quality academic programs, a student-oriented environment, and a strong sense of community. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities. Responsibilities:
Administration and Supervision
* Hires, trains, and supervises student interns and paraprofessional student staff * Approves expenditures, tracks expenses, and effectively manages assigned budgets and related fiscal tasks in strict accordance with University policy * Maintains grade reports and current membership rosters for entire fraternity/sorority community * Oversees all marketing, public relations, and social media efforts for the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life and staffs University events as representative of Fraternity & Sorority Life * Conceives, coordinates, implements and evaluates programs and services associated with other areas in the Office of Campus Life as assigned
Advising and Programming
* Advises one governing council (either IFC or Panhellenic), attending assigned council meetings * Advises the activities of roughly half of the organizations within the fraternity and sorority community, which is comprised of 8 NPC chapters/new chapters, 9 NIC chapters/new chapters, 1 NALFO sorority and 1 NALFO fraternity, and any related organizations added through expansion * Meets regularly with advisees and leaders from assigned council and chapters * Oversees the event registration process through Collegiate Link of all events in the fraternity & sorority community in collaboration with Facilities and Campus Life staff * Coordinates formal and informal recruitment efforts of assigned organizations with council and chapters leaders and University staff * Collaborates with various University offices on campus-wide programming initiatives covering a range of topics * Maintains positive relationships and corresponds regularly with inter/national headquarters staff and volunteers, and faculty/staff/alumni advisors * Develops, plans, and executes advisor communication plans and trainings including but not limited to advisor roundtables, workshops, expectations and responsibilities lists, etc * Assists in the development and implementation of the Fraternity & Sorority Life Awards process and accreditation program * Advises the Pi Upsilon chapter of Order of Omega
Student Leadership Development
* Develops, implements, and assesses outcome-based educational and leadership development initiatives including but not limited to: Council Officer Training, Officer Training Academy, Social Event Manager Training, Greek Leadership Series, FOUNDATIONS New Member Experience, Greek Allies Initiative, sexual assault prevention education, general risk management and harm reduction education, etc. as assigned * Conceives, develops, and presents additional leadership development programs that align with Campus Life's Leadership Development Model as assigned * Co-advises (with the Graduate Assistant) the Greek Week committee and oversees their implementation of Greek Week * Coordinates student, staff, and advisor travel to leadership conferences and chaperones trips
Student Affairs Staff Member
* Supports University programs and initiatives as related to the mission and strategic plans of the Division of Student Affairs and the University * Covers evening and weekend events as necessary * Communicates statistics regarding student participation, activities, programs and grades as needed * Updates website, brochures, student handbook, and forms as directed and needed * Represents Division of Student Affairs on assigned committees * Attends trainings, retreats, and planning sessions as needed * Performs other duties as assigned
* Master's degree in Higher Education or Student Development required
* 1-2 years of experience in working with fraternities and sororities, related programs, and councils * Demonstrated strong leadership, program planning, communication, and organizational skills to oversee and develop a multi-service area that provides a wide range of student services * Evidence of strong problem solving, conflict resolution, personal judgment, and crisis management skills * Understanding of the role of diversity and inclusion in programs and services * Evidence of ability to project manage effectively working both independently and in a team environment * Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and/or a commitment to diversity and inclusion
Special Instructions to Applicants: Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Associated topics: admission rep, campus security, coordinator, public safety officer, recruit, recruitment, safety officer iii, security officer, student affairs coordinator, student assistant