- Quinnipiac University
- $88,370.00 -140,850.00/year*
Education - Post Secondary
231 Todd St
The Department of International Business in the School of Business at Quinnipiac University invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor. The successful candidate should have a strong commitment to innovative teaching, student success and high quality, impactful research. This position will begin in August 2020.
About the School:
The Quinnipiac University School of Business offers nine undergraduate majors, four graduate degree programs, a five-year BS/MBA program and an innovative 3+1 accelerated BS/MBA program. The School of Business is AACSB accredited with 1,750 undergraduate students in nine degree programs and 750 graduate students in MBA and MS degree programs. Our 65 full-time business faculty pride themselves on their practice-oriented innovative teaching styles to keep their classrooms interesting, grounded and engaging. High-quality academic programs, a comprehensive internship and career development programs, and extensive leadership and service opportunities mean that employers seek out Quinnipiac School of Business graduates.
Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's \"Best Colleges\" issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review's \"The Best 380 Colleges.\" The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the \"Great Colleges to Work For.\" For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University's commitment to three core values: high-quality academic programs, a student-oriented environment, and a strong sense of community. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
* Teach undergraduate and graduate international business courses both on ground and online
* Design and deliver in-class and out-of-class learning experiences that engage and motivate student learning
* Administer and grade assignments and examinations
* Compile assessment data for assurance of learning outcomes and recommend actions to improve learning
* Conduct research and publish high quality, peer-reviewed articles in journals that meet the established School of Business research quality standards
* Present research findings at academic conferences
* Serve as academic adviser to students and assist international business students with career development as necessary
* Serve on Departmental and/or School of Business and/or University committees
* Participate in curriculum development for international business programs and the School of Business
* Ph.D. (or completion of Ph.D. by August 15, 2020) in International Business or related field from an accredited university
* Demonstrated excellence in teaching international business-related topics at the undergraduate and/or graduate level, on-line and on-ground
* Established record of, or demonstrated potential for high quality research, excellence in teaching, and service
* Expertise in contemporary research practices and topics
* Practical business experience preferred
* Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills along with a commitment to maintaining collegial working relationships
* Potential to make significant service contributions to the Department, School of Business, University and community.
* Commitment to contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a cover letter, curriculum vitae or resume including details of teaching experience, scholarship achievements and applied experience; a statement of teaching philosophy and a summary of teaching effectiveness on-site and on-line, and the names and contact information for three references on the application form. Reference letters and formal teaching evaluations will only be required at the interview stage.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Associated topics: accounting, business law, college of law, criminal, finance, financial, legal, school of business, school of finance, school of law
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...