Ruan Transportation is currently looking for an experienced diesel technician/mechanic to serve one of our dedicated contract carriage customers in your area. This position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to diagnose, troubleshoot, repair and maintain company equipment. Welding experience a plus. Ruan offers rewarding career opportunities with great pay and free benefit options. Apply today to join our team - positions are limited.
Now offering a $2,000 Sign on Bonus!
About the Position
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing service and maintenance on customers' tractors and trailers.
- Performing routine preventative maintenance inspections.
- Completing work orders.
- Completing state and federal inspections.
- Wash equipment as needed.
- Driver service vehicle to pick up part from outside vendors and respond to road calls.
- Test drive vehicles as needed.
- Diagnosing mechanical problems using charts, technical manuals, diagnostic equipment and experience.
At Ruan, we consider our Diesel Technicians to be among our most valuable assets. Our founder, John Ruan, personally hauled his first load of gravel with his single truck in 1932, and his transportation company was born. Over its history, Ruan has grown to become one of the largest family owned, privately held transportation firms in the county, specializing in dedicated contract carriage, bulk transportation and integrated services.
- Certification from a diesel mechanic trade school required, or work-related experience.
- 3-5 years of mechanical experience working on tractor/trailers.
- Ability to pass Ruan certification tests.
- Current CDL-A preferred.
- Transmission, overhaul, engine and diagnostic experience required.
EOE - Dedicated to Diversity