Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
2019-2100# of Openings:
Engineering - Facility/ConstructionPhone Number:
(619) 514-0060Phone Extension:
SJS Executives is currently seeking a talented Structural Engineer. Our ideal candidate provides independent, timely and professional structural engineering support, services and consultation for the planning, design, construction and maintenance of facilities, demolition, maintenance, space utilization and facilities development.
Typical projects that our ideal candidate will be working on include: calculation of environmental and blast loads; analysis and design of vertical and lateral force resisting system, shallow and deep foundations, retaining structures, and utility supports; and design of structural elements using common building materials (concrete, steel and timber).Responsibilities
- Responsible for the preparation of detailed structural engineering analysis, calculations and designs, development of plans using AutoCAD, specifications and cost estimates, in support of in-house and A/E design bid build and design-build projects, for a wide range of projects.
- Assist in the preparation of project and contract modification cost estimates, working with available cost estimation tools as well as independent research and utilizing professional experience.
- Coordinating with all engineering/design disciplines, programming, scheduling, planning, design and construction related matters from "cradle-to-grave," and required actions to coordinate delivery of individual projects, packages and complexes.
- Coordinating with customers and sponsor commands, integrating requirements into the overall project execution, and reporting project status to Project Manager.
- Responsible for executing project schedules within budgets.
- Review plans, specifications, cost estimates, project documents and reports submitted by A&E firms for technical adequacy, completeness, functional design, sound engineering practice, compliance with SE and DOD criteria and all applicable codes.
- Support the Government as the final authority on scope compliance and directs the A&E firm to correct deficiencies unless challenged by the contract A&E of record, and ensure that the final submittals are complete and satisfactory.
- Initiate field trips to project site during scoping, design and construction.
- Interface with customer and other interested parties providing expert consultation and gathering pertinent information required to complete project.
- Inspect existing conditions of a site and of a facility to gather information.
- Conduct Reviews for Government Approval: SE's materials, submittals, shop drawings, and schedules to ensure they conform to the requirements of the contract documents and when necessary, visits construction sites to provide advice to the Government on problems arising during construction.
- Apply knowledge and skill to research standard structural systems, equipment or techniques in the development of structural design projects.
- Analyze the applicability of innovative processes, systems, equipment, or techniques and implement such on projects and specifications.
- Knowledgeable of the latest structural materials and methods of construction.
- Experience in design and engineering for facility design and construction.
- Working level knowledge of the DoD Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC), Building Code Analysis, Microsoft Office Software Suite, AutoCAD, SpecsIntact, and cost estimating software for the construction of facilities from design documentation.
- Experience working on the following facilites: Naval Shore Facilities, including multi-story offices and quarters, hospitals, towers, airfields, aircraft overhaul facilities, industrial waste treatment plants, piers, photovoltaic farms, training facilities and a very wide diversity of other structures and facilities.
- Confidential Clearance - Preferred
- Bachelor Degree from an ABET accredited Structural Engineering or Engineering Technology program.
- Minimum of 5 years of Structural systems design including at least 1 year working on Capital Improvement projects for a Federal Agency.
- Minimum of 5 years structural engineering experience of increasing complexity after receiving their degree.
- Experience with finite element analysis/modeling and/or structural software is required.
- Experience in design of concrete, steel, timber, and masonry structures is required.
SJS Executives, LLC is EOE, AA, M/F/Vet/Disability compliant. US Citizenship required for most jobs.
Loading some great jobs for you...