LOCAL CDL Class A Drivers
is a specialized CDL Staffing agency recruiting Temp to Perm Drivers for a supply chain team that services our more than 2,500 grocery and convenience stores that stretch coast-to-coast across the U.S., including Alaska. We are comprised of more than 30 distribution centers, regional freight centers, transportation and office locations. If you are looking for an ever-changing, fast-paced environment focused on supporting our Customer 1st Strategy, we welcome your online application. This is a local CDL Class A position based out of the Dallas/Ft Worth/Arlington Area.
Your Job is to Safely transport goods to stores and customers out of the Ft Worth Location. Perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws. Demonstrate the company s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety. Essential Job Functions:
- Drive truck to deliver goods to stores and other customers.
- Adhere to all federal, state, corporate and departmental safety standards.
- Inspect truck for defects before, during and after trips; submits report indicating truck condition.
- Check refrigeration trailer for malfunctions.
- Weigh load.
- Unload merchandise at store
- Pick up goods at vendor locations (backhauls) and verifies products and quantities as loaded.
- Maintain flexibility to work any shift, including weekends on a regular basis
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Commitment to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important and appreciated
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Valid Commercial Class A CDL driver s license.
- Must meet all Federal Department of Transportation physical requirements of a Class A CDL driver.
- Familiarity with trucking terms and processes.
- Ability to back 53 trailers safely in to store docks or vendor locations.
- Ability to operate the following special equipment, machinery and/or special tools: over-the road tractors, refrigeration units, and dollies, electric or manual pallet jacks
- One year or 50K miles driving Tractor / Trailer experience in the last 3 years
- First Year Pay will range from $63,000-73,000
- Great Benefits upon Full Time Employment Gained
Associated topics: cdl a driver, class a driver, class a driving, company driver team, company truck, dedicated regional, hazardous material, otr driver, otr driving, tanker truck driving