Operating Room/ Surgery Circulator/RN-Full Time-8 Hour Shifts
Texas Health Resources
Healthcare - Nursing
7606 Fair Oaks Ave
Check out similar listings!
Loading some great jobs for you...
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas seeks to hire a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Operating Room to work Full Time.
The address is 8200 Walnut Hill Ln, Dallas, TX 75231.
Salary range is Min. $25.00/hr to Max. $49.03/hr based on relevant experience
40 Hours Per Week
6:45 am - 3:15 pm
Under the direction of the health care provider, the Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes the safety and well-being of all patients.
1. Basic Human Needs - Responds to others' priorities regarding safety, physical, psychological and social needs.
The professional nurse exhibits understanding of basic human needs by demonstrating:
a. Attention to emotional, social, and self-esteem needs
b. Regular assessment and maintenance of comfort
c. Knowledge of basic physiology and pathophysiology
d. Knowledge of human emotions during health and illness
e. Knowledge of human development across the life span
f. Knowledge of pain and suffering, pain interventions and pain comfort/theories.
g. Provides safe patient care as evidenced by:
1. Using barcode medication verification (BMV) during medication administrations
2. Completing accurate documentation in the electronic health record
3. Completing assessments accurately and in a timely manner
4. Individualizing care plans specific to the needs of the patient
5. Providing consistent attention to airway, intake, elimination, sleep, rest, mobility and hygiene needs
2. Human Respect - Honors worth of humans through unconditional acceptance as evidenced by:
a. Handling of the body with care
b. Demonstrating knowledge of patient rights and incorporating into daily practice
c. Calling patients by their preferred name
d. Demonstrating use of eye contact and physical contact appropriately
e. Speaking respectfully and professionally in a soothing tone
3. Appreciation of Unique Meanings - Concerned with understanding others frame of reference.
The professional nurse demonstrates an appreciation of unique meanings by:
a. Using active listening
b. Exemplifying a non-judgmental attitude
c. Tolerating both positive and negative ideas or expressions
d. Demonstrating flexibility
e. Eliciting patient values and preferences
f. Recognizing and appreciating diversity
g. Developing personal relationships with patients/significant others
4. Affiliation Needs - Engages family/caregivers in health care situations.
The professional nurse demonstrates recognition and understanding of affiliation needs by:
a. Demonstrating knowledge of individual patient's family situation and routines
b. Demonstrating knowledge of family theories
c. Being responsive to families
d. Engaging family members in health decisions per patients' wishes
e. Allowing family members' presence
f. Involving family
g. Conducting routine family meetings
h. Sharing available resources with families
i. Establishing, maintaining and discontinuing appropriately therapeutic relationships with patients/families
5. Mutual Problem Solving - Professional behaviors that help patients and families understand how to confront, learn about, and think about their health and illness; involves a reciprocal, shared approach with resulting decisions acceptable to involved parties.
The professional nurse demonstrates mutual problem solving by:
a. Providing information, using up to date literature, approved tools including EMMI and demonstrates knowledge of patient's unique learning approach.
b. Validating patient knowledge through use of teach back method
c. Accepting feedback from patients and adopting patient ideas
d. Prioritizing and individualizing care delivery based on professional judgment
e. Using listening skills and demonstrating knowledge of how to engage others
6. Attentive Reassurance - Listens and concentrates on others. Is reliable, available and attentive.
The professional nurse demonstrates attentive reassurance by being:
b. Accessible to patients and families
c. Available and re-confirming that availability
d. Confident; demonstrating assertiveness knowledge
f. Self-reliant and demonstrating self- knowledge
g. Clarifying Misperceptions-Using HEART as needed
7. Encouraging Manner - The professional nurse communicates an attitude that is supportive, open, positive and tolerant by demonstrating:
a. Knowledge and effective use of THR communication tools (AIDET, HEART, Team STEPPs)
b. Supportive verbal and non-verbal demeanor
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications 1 year minimum Registered Nurse (RN) experience in the Operating Room or completion of RN Residency program
Prefered Experience 2 years minimum experience as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Operating Room
Bachelors Degree In Nursing (BSN)
Licenses and Certifications RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire
Education Associate's Degree Nursing RNs hired after January 2017 require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date. RNs hired between January 2014 and December 2016 require completion of BSN within 3 years of start date.
Skills A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers. The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named Best Place to Have a Baby in Dallas County in 2012.We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
2018 FORTUNE Magazine s 100 Best Companies to Work For (4th year in a row)
2018 Becker's Healthcare \"150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare\" (4th year in a row)
2018 Employees Choice Best Places to Work by Glassdoor
Associated topics: ambulatory, hospice, intensive, intensive care, mhb, nurse, recovery, staff nurse, surgical, unit
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.