Every day, the people of TSYS and Netspend improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are \"People-Centered Payments\", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere and for yourself we may have the right place for you.Summary of This Role
Design and implement solutions based on various middleware technologies, such as WebSphere, WebLogic, JBOSS, IIS, Apache, SunOne Web Server, Tibco, Pega Solutions, Webservice and XML Messaging/Gateway, between two or more systems within multiple target platforms that may include Windows, Unix/Linux or z/OS. Evaluate security models of vendor middleware technologies to ensure compliance with current company policies and/or industry regulations. Solve technical problems which involve large scale inter-disciplinary objectives with multiple, heterogeneous, distributed and/or mainframe systems that are embedded in networks at multiple levels. Hold and Maintain a proficiency in middleware technologies and industry best practices.What Part Will You Play?
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Designs and implements end-to-end clustered solutions using either in-house or vendor technologies to meet business needs and client requirements. Evaluates security protocols of vendor technology for compliance with company / industry security standards and applies necessary course of action to include unbundling of vendor technology to ensure continued security compliance.
- Identifies and applies innovative solutions to update existing middleware technologies while collaborating with appropriate departments and/or vendors to ensure continued functionality.
- Reviews application and system logs to identify exception errors and performance bottlenecks. Determines the necessary course of action and takes appropriate corrective actions, to include engaging appropriate support groups to apply corrective actions. Collaborates with System Administrators, development groups, or vendors on the testing and application patches and/or upgrades. Schedules batch jobs and patches for middleware technologies.
- Acts as a \"Tier 3\" level of support to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems in a timely and accurate manner to improve application performance, availability and functionality.
- Creates and maintains documentation for middleware installations, changes and upgrades, and maintains compliance based on changes within the industry and/or best practices. Stays abreast to changes in the industry, identifies potential impacts or enhancements and provides feedback to more senior team members and/or management.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Major in Computer Science strongly preferred, other majors considered. Willing to accept additional experience in lieu of a degree.
- Typically Minimum 4 Years Relevant Exp
- Experience with middleware technology in varying environments.
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
- Skills / Knowledge - A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
- Job Complexity - Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Supervision - Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.###.#### or +1.877.###.#### or email at [Click Here to Email Your Resum ].
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task