Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The VITAS Healthcare Patient Care Coordinator is a member of the interdisciplinary team who effectively processes calls, answers general questions, provides information, and transfers calls to triage nurses when appropriate during alternate hours.
- Effectively processes calls in a systematic and organized manner following Care Connection Center scripts, policies, and procedures.
- Promptly answers and screens incoming calls, with appropriate escalation as needed.
- Ensures timely and accurate VX documentation on all tasks completed in accordance with Telecare documentation standards to ensure data integrity.
- Facilitates communication between Telecare team members, staff in the field, HME, referral sources, vendors, physicians, facility staff, and patients and family.
- Handles concerns independently within their scope of practice and seeks guidance from the Telecare Nurse or Team Leader as needed in the execution of their tasks.
- Takes ownership and resolve all customer service issues with first call resolution whenever possible. Escalate immediately as needed.
- Becomes compliant with all departmental standards; policies and procedures, training and education, workforce management, disaster planning, effectively managing and prioritizing work tasks, attendance, adherence, and quality.
- Support the VITAS Mission, Core Values, and Care Connection Center cultural platforms at all times.
- Participates in the education of new hires as needed.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Two or more years related experience in medical terminology and/or in a call center environment
- Ability to attain goals in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining strong partnering relationships with internal and external callers
- Superior ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the customer interaction to include both verbally and in writing to provide a concierge level of service
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within an automated systems and a variety of software packages, and type a preferred 50 WPM
- Prior experience in working collaboratively with other functional leaders to drive action plans.
- Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple responsibilities and work on various assignments simultaneously
- Model positive behaviors that are focused on supporting: integrity, valuing diversity, innovation, building relationships, customer focus and teamwork.
- Ability to communicate tactfully with department heads, managers, coworkers and vendors to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as necessary to support the operations of the Care Connection Center.
- Ability to type 40 WPM
- Bilingual in Spanish/English a plus
Special Instructions to Candidates
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency required. Medical or business office education or training preferred.