Principal Software Engineer (Fitchburg)
Compensation: $108,680.00 - $159,340.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Waters Corporation is currently seeking a Principal Software Engineer
to join our organization. In this role, the individual will join our Liquid Chromatography Instrument Control Software team developing software to interface with our scientific instruments and applications. Specifically, the individual will utilize C++, C#
technologies to design, develop, test, and debug
our instrument data acquisition / control software. Going forward, there will be opportunities to expand into web development utilizing Angular.
We are looking for a passionate and skilled Software Engineer
with a talent for building quality software. You will work as part of an Agile team and engage in technical discussions, participate in technical designs, demonstrate problem-solving abilities, and present and share ideas through global collaboration. A flexible work schedule is available. Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively as part of a cross discipline agile team to deliver software increments
- Participate in code reviews, providing constructive feedback regarding best practices, performance, and maintainability
- Stay ahead of the curve with respect to new technologies and techniques with an eye towards continual improvement of both the team's skill set and the product goals
- Make technical decisions and collaborate with architects to implement technical design, fulfilling product owner requirements
- Collaborate with team members to design, implement, test, and document complex frameworks and application level solutions
- Participate in continuous integration and delivery activities
- S. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical degree preferred
- 7+ years C# experience required
- Understanding of Web APIs and REST
- Understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Working knowledge of .Net and .Net Core
- Experience with Test Driven Development and Behavior Driven Development
- Experience with Instrument Control preferred but not required
- Experience with Git and/or Powershell preferred but not required
- Understanding of Angular 2.0 or greater preferred but not required
- Results oriented with the ability to work independently and self-manage
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials and food sciences for 60 years. With approximately 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 31 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, and with products available in more than 100 countries.
Waters Corporation's businesses include Waters, TA Instruments, VICAM, ERA, and Nonlinear Dynamics.
Waters creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC), high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), chromatography columns and chemistry products, mass spectrometry systems, laboratory informatics solutions, and comprehensive service programs to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. Celebrating diversity is important to us. We thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status. Key Words
software developer, software engineer, c#, .net, REST, Angular, TDD, BDD - provided by Dice
Associated topics: algorithm, application, c c++, develop, php, python, sde, sdet, software developer, software programmer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...