Principal Software Engineer/Technical Lead (Fitchburg)
Compensation: $108,680.00 - $159,340.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Waters Corporation is currently seeking a Principal Software Engineer/Technical Lead
to join our organization. We are looking for a passionate and skilled software engineer with a talent for building quality software who will also serve as Technical Lead. To be effective, the individual in this role will work closely with the product owner and architect to establish a technical vision and with the engineers on their teams to implement that vision. The Technical Lead owns technical delivery within their product space and is accountable for the completion and quality of the work produced while remaining a hands-on developer. Responsibilities
- Act as technical authority for the ir product or workstream under guidance from the chief engineer for their Program.
- Establish the technical vision for the product or workstream.
- Act as a mentor to other team members on good engineering practice across all levels of technical expertise.
- Demonstrate significant judgement in technical matters and support others to implement long-term solutions to highly complex problems.
- Work with PO to prioritize backlog items such as technical debt and defects.
- Ability to solve challenges of a highly complex problems in real time.
- Work in collaboration with the Chief Architect and Chief Engineer so the architectural vision can be executed.
- Ensure evaluation needs for the workst r eam releases are met by coordinating with the test lead.
- Carry out all responsibilities in accordance with the Quality Policy and all applicable procedures.
- D rive to the selection of engineering solutions which best match the needs of the overall system.
- Seek out and provide guidance on new practices and technologies that may result in improved ways of working.
- Work with engineering managers so that engineering practice, delivery objectives and targets are understood across the engineering team(s).
- Provide guidance to hiring managers on skills gaps and needs.
- Actively participate in the development and testing process as a hands-on developer.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline
- At least 10 years proven development experience in software engineering.
- Experienced leader, authoritative and credible at senior levels.
- Deep understanding of agile project management methodologies.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Ability to lead and mentor others.
- Extensive knowledge of applications and/or use of general analytical based systems including LC and LC/MS based technologies is preferred.
- Ability to solve complex problems in a creative manner.
- Ability to work under your own guidance.
- Strong business judgement and record of making the right decisions.
- Proven ability to influence and motivate others.
- Experience in mentoring and developing engineers.
- Passion for insisting on high standards.
- Expects and requires innovation from his/her team.
- A good negotiator with the gravitas to influence and create harmony in an engineering context.
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials and food sciences for 60 years. With approximately 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 31 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, and with products available in more than 100 countries.
Waters Corporation's businesses include Waters, TA Instruments, VICAM, ERA, and Nonlinear Dynamics.
Waters creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC), high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), chromatography columns and chemistry products, mass spectrometry systems, laboratory informatics solutions, and comprehensive service programs to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. Celebrating diversity is important to us. We thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status. - provided by Dice
Associated topics: algorithm, c#, developer, devops, perl, php, programming, sdet, software engineer, software programmer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...