US - Taunton - IT Service Desk Analyst (Fitchburg)
Compensation: $62,455.00 - $94,240.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
The IT Service Desk Delivery Analyst will be part of a global Service Desk team responsible for the delivery of a high-quality support experience for Waters employees in the region. This position will be based out of our Taunton, Massachusetts location.
This individual is responsible for taking initial calls, creating tickets, providing support for company provided IT devices and applications, troubleshooting and resolving employees' end user computing issues, and referring requests to other global support personnel as needed.
He/She will provide a point of contact for employees while adhering to documented support procedures, following up on requests to make sure his/her customers are satisfied, and making recommendations to Management to help make the support process more streamlined.
At all times, he/she must provide an excellent customer-service experience for users and resolve support tickets in a timely manner. Responsibilities
- Troubleshooting of end user computing issues (hardware and software) and service requests via ticketing system, phone, e-mail, chat, etc.
- Perform potentially complex hands-on fixes at the desktop and mobile device level, including installing and upgrading software, and configuring systems and applications.
- Act as escalation support for complex issues.
- Provide "how to" assistance to employees on all internally supported devices, applications and systems.
- Assist with the recording and tracking of Service Desk problems and processes, through to final resolution and delivery of metrics.
- Participate in full life cycle of a client implementation, including: business requirements gathering, risk assessment, build, configuration, testing, and support.
- Identify opportunities to leverage enterprise-wide tools for automating, monitoring and managing end user support activities, including imaging, packaging of software and scripting of support tasks, etc.
- Assess the capabilities and limitations of the end user computing applications and technologies and recommend alternatives and solutions
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from Service Desk customers, while gaining a more complete understanding of business impact.
- Provide training for software, hardware, and cloud solutions used and supported by the organization to other team members.
- Contribute to knowledge bases, manuals, support sites, vendor support contacts, as appropriate.
- Work with external vendors and resources to aid in problem resolution.
- At least 5 years of experience working in a Help Desk and PC Support role (required)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English (required)
- Superb computer software and hardware troubleshooting knowledge and experience (required)
- Patience, positivity, and a passion for helping other employees with technology-related issues, and a deep commitment to end-user satisfaction (required)
- Willing to adapt new IT skills in a global environment
- Industry Certification: ITIL Foundations (helpful)
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials and food sciences for 60 years. With approximately 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 31 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, and with products available in more than 100 countries.
Waters Corporation's businesses include Waters, TA Instruments, VICAM, ERA, and Nonlinear Dynamics.
Waters creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC), high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), chromatography columns and chemistry products, mass spectrometry systems, laboratory informatics solutions, and comprehensive service programs to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. Celebrating diversity is important to us. We thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status. Key Words
Service Delivery - provided by Dice
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...