At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. Were looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where youll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services, Consumer Deposits, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Our guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
The PVSI Transaction Processing and Payments (TP&P) Leader will own, manage and execute front line Payments and Transaction Program activities, engaging, supporting, collaborating and/or coordinating with partners across the enterprise to ensure Payments and Transactional Processes and Management requirements are understood, appropriately implemented within PVSI, mitigated, and proactively identify the risks of improper Payments/Transactional processes risk management. Maintains an awareness of the state of operational risk across the enterprise or assigned business(es) and industry; will provide subject matter expertise to the enterprise, will be viewed as a thought leader, and/or directly manage enterprise controls for specific functional areas ensures that all business issues are proactively identified and addressed appropriately, escalating where necessary; manages relationships and fosters a team orientation with corporate, business heads, legal, audit and multiple US and non-US regulators; represents the business(es) in the external community, including with senior regulators, etc.
Specifically this role will:
- Educate business and Controls teams on Policy requirements. Review Payments and TPE (Transactional Processes and Execution) activity and risk sources of information to monitor Policy compliance. Regularly engage with IRM on requirements and reporting. Ensure appropriate change management activities are implemented within the front line businesses.
- Partner with Corporate teams and BU Aligned teams to develop, execute and monitor a Payments/TPE strategy and program which not only meets policy and regulatory needs, but also is proactive, adopts best practices and identifies actionable solutions to mitigate risk.
- Analyze operational risk, compliance and business data to further identify, understand and mitigate root causes of Payments and TP&E issues. Manage PVSI risk teams, systems, processes to identify potential problems and opportunities and implement effective, consistent and sustainable solutions. Work with the business risk teams across the LOBs to identify trends, provide risk-based recommendations and associated action plans in order to effectively mitigate the root causes of IRM issues
- Work with Enterprise to execute best in class processes to protect PVSI information risk management assets (Payments). Drive consistency in tools, processes, approach, and have an understanding of broader risk programs such as Third Party, BCP, Technology, etc. Work with partners across the enterprise implementing similar programs for consistency and best practices across.
- Provide insightful analysis and reporting to PVSI and Enterprise Risk senior leadership for Payments program state and key risk indicators, along with associated action plans for material risks (e.g., annual risk assessments, EACO incident management, issue management review reports, policy and program changes, KRI identification and management, etc.). Ability to simplify the complex.
- Day to day leadership of teams, resourcing, strategy for entire team, team maturity and build out and reporting against the risk management framework (i.e. Plan/Strategy, Identify/Assess, Mitigate, Monitor/Report, Test and Validate). Foster a culture of risk, inclusiveness, diversity, accountability, respect, and trust.
The preferred locations include Charlotte, NC, Des Moines, IA, and Minneapolis; other US based Wells Fargo footprint locations will be considered.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 5+ years of management experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Senior level leadership experience managing a complex organization including senior managers, managers, individual contributors and vendor resources across multiple global locations
- Knowledge and understanding of Shared Risk Platform (SHRP) such as reporting and issue management
- Knowledge and understanding of Risk Management Information Systems
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- 10+ years of experience with payments activities (initiation, authorizations, reconciliation, and settlement, etc.) including industry related practices NACHA, ACH, PCI, Credit Card processing, etc.
- Understanding of Payments risk and business disciplines including CCS, RE Lending, Dealer Services, Personal Lines and Loans, Operations, Deposit Products, Treasury Management, etc.
- Experience formulating testing and monitoring requirements pertaining to the mortgage function
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.