Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
Wilkes University invites applicants for the Admissions Communications Manager position. This position reports directly to the Executive Director of Undergraduate Admissions, but also collaborates closely with the Director of Marketing and Director of Graduate Admissions. This position will be responsible for the management of several student interns.
The communications manager will develop and implement communication plans for the purpose of recruiting and enrolling talented students to Wilkes University. The position will collaborate with admissions professionals, the Office of Marketing and Communications as well as academic and campus divisions, to simplify and enhance the customer experience through creative written communication and strategic coordination of dynamic communication streams. The position requires excellent writing skills, a sense for user-friendly content and design, proven results in email and SMS marketing strategy and a proficiency in communications technology, specifically using a constituent relationship management (CRM) system.
Job requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Create and coordinate complex enrollment communication streams that deliver content to prospective students through multiple channels and mediums. Implement and manage all CRM communications and digital content related to campaigns built in Slate.
- Develop fresh, inviting and engaging content to guide prospective students, applicants, admitted students, and enrollees through the application and enrollment processes.
- Write, edit, and proof new content following Wilkes University brand standards
- Convey a sense of belonging and a welcoming, inclusive, respectful sense of community through compelling and engaging written content.
- Develop campaigns for influencer groups (ex. Parents, counselors, etc.)
- Collaborate with cross-department strategy team to manage and deploy strategies for enrollment email campaigns, landing page content development, and SMS campaigns designed to increase inquiry and application conversion.
- Act as content expert, conducting research regarding Wilkes University enrollment procedures, resources, student life and academic offerings.
- Work with marketing team to produce direct mail printed publications and oversee highly customized print material development (ex. Admit letters, personalized financial aid award letters, etc.) with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Assess effectiveness and ROI of marketing & communication campaigns; utilize data to inform decision making.
- Develop and launch an annual student experience mapping exercise that evaluates the prospective student's interaction with the Wilkes brand and communications initiatives, ensuring a consistent look and feel and seamless transition through the enrollment funnel.
- Manage the day-to-day social media outlets for undergraduate admissions; including, but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Assist with communication plan execution for admissions related events, on and off campus.
Desired Candidate Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience in marketing automation and/or email campaign communications systems, processes, work flow, databases, etc. or 3+ years in enrollment marketing.
- Stellar writing skills: clear expression of thought; attention to facts, details, and accuracy; ability to self-edit; ability to shift voice and style as project necessitates
- Strong computer skills: proficiency with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint); ability to learn and use new software programs as needed to fulfill job duties;
- Proficiency in leveraging Slate CRM technology.
- Ability to dissect and digest complex systems, analyze data and apply conditional logic.
- Ability to form collaborative working relationships with others, including academic divisions
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of admissions and marketing office operations, as well as state and national admissions and financial aid statutes, ethics and practices.
- Ability to work independently, able to handle confidential information in a professional manner, detail oriented, able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and meet goals and deadlines Preference will go to candidates who possess:
- Web editing skills: Working knowledge of HTML (e.g. images, anchors, links, styles, lists, etc.); conceptual understanding of CSS and CMS (i.e., understand how to navigate and work)
- Ability to manipulate images, design electronic and print publications, edit videos (Photoshop, InDesign, Camtasia, Vimeo, etc.);
- Experience working for a private, liberal arts college.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
Please be sure to include a cover letter, resume or curriculum vitae and three references.
Review of applications will begin November 4th, 2019.
Wilkes University is constantly seeking to become a more diverse community and to enhance its capacity to value and capitalize on the cultural richness that diversity brings. The University strongly encourages applications from persons with diverse backgrounds.
0Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Loading some great jobs for you...